Workshop: ICT and political participation: innovations in digital democracy
Conference: Ethics of the new media
Dubrovnik, Croatia, 23 – 25 May 2016
Supported by the IPSA RC10
Organized by the Faculty of Political Science and InMed Institute in partnership with DEL research network
Call for papers
InMed Institute and Faculty of Political Science supported by IPSA’s Research Committee 10 on Electronic democracy and in partnership with DEL research network are organizing IPSA Workshop on “ICT and political participation: innovations in digital democracy ” on 23-24 May 2016. Following topics are announced:
- E-voting, e-Consultation, Online deliberative polls, e-Legislation, e-Voting, e-citizens and smart cities
- Civil society and e-Campaigning
- Role of Social media and Web 2.0 in participation
- Online protests, E-initiatives
- Online communities, imagined communities, national identity and online participation
- Privacy and ethical considerations in eParticipation
- Online engagement in national and global crisis situations
- Ethical issues of nonprofit media
- New media and identity crisis
- Privacy in new media
- Professional and non-professional approach
- Citizen journalism and ethics
- Reliability, linking, integrity
- Partisan journalism and conflict of interest
Interested participants should first submit an abstract (a 300-word outline) of their paper by 15 March, 2016, indicating clearly its subject and scope, and including a provisional title. The abstracts received will be peer-reviewed and authors will be notified of the outcome by 1 April, 2016.
Authors of accepted abstracts will be required to send the full paper or presentation by 15, May 2016.
The conference language is English.
We invite individuals from academic and practical backgrounds as well as public administration offices, public bodies, NGOs, education institutions and independent organizations, to submit their contributions.
EUR 70 – for authors
EUR 85 – for participants
The fee includes conference entry, proceedings and social program during the conference.
Pre-conference social program is to be announced.
15 March, 2016 Abstract submission: please submit a 300-word abstract by
1 April, 2016 Notification of acceptance of abstracts
15 May, 2016 Full paper/presentation submission
23 – 24 May 2016 Workshop
25 May 2016 Conference
Please send all submissions by electronic mail in pdf format to email@example.com.
All submissions are subject to a double-blind full paper review by at least 2 reviewers. To facilitate the review process, please write a separate cover sheet with the paper title and affiliation/s and omit the affiliations in the actual paper.
Participants who are not contributors (i.e. who do not propose a paper) can apply through our web site www.edemokracija.hr. Please note that the number of non-contributing participants is limited so we encourage you to apply as early as possible.
For further information please visit: www.edemokracija.hr
Workshop Chairs :
Milica Vuckovic (coordinator)
Šibenska 1, 10 000 Zagreb, Hrvatska
t: 01 307 9113 f: 01 307 9113